As I have mentioned before, I am currently watching a lot of musicals - both old and new classics. And it has opened my eyes for some wonderful songs, that I didn't even know existed.
I'm not very good at choosing between my favourites songs, mainly because they switch places almost daily, but this top 10 is my favourites right now.
1. Once and for all - Newsies
2. The world will know - Newsies
3. Into the fire - The Scarlet Pimpernel
4. Maybe - Annie
5. Many a new day - Oklahoma
6. The surrey with a fringe on the top - Oklahoma
7. I can't say no - Oklahoma
8. They say it's wonderful - Annie get your gun
9. It might as well be spring - State Fair
10. Santa Fe - Newsies
There it is, it was hard, and I'll admit the top 4 is almost a tie, for I really love those songs at the moment.
The post today is short, but I'm working on another post, with classic musicals I have seen this week, and it should be up in a day or two.
I'm also planning a big post on North & South (the book by Elizabeth Gaskell), but I'm still not quite finished reading it.
Just so you know what to expect in the near future