So many blog parties to attend - so little time...
Yes, I found another blog party that i simply had to participate in. It is hosted at For the Beauty of the Earth and is just an extravaganza of gorgeous period gowns.
Well, here are the questions for the tag:
1. Tell us five random things about yourself.
1. My movie collection consists mainly of period dramas and musicals.
2. If I hear a good song/instrumental piece in a movie, I just have to find the sheet music and play it myself.
3. My favourite colour is red.
4. I love hairstyle tutorials but rarely have the patience to try them on.
5. I am a BBC fangirl.
2. What are some of your favourite dresses from period dramas? Pick three.
This dress from Emma
The coronation gown from The Young Victoria
This dress from State Fair
3. How would you describe your own style?
Casual and simple with a bit of inspiration from the 50s.
4. List (up to) five of your favourite period drama wardrobes.
Emma Woodhouse in Emma 2009
Queen Victoria in The Young Victoria
5. What are some of your favourite fashion eras?
Regency, Victorian, Edwardian and the 1950s
6. What are five things that make you happy?
1. Playing the piano
2. Walking in the nature
3. Being crazy with my friends
4. Spring flowers
7. Do you like to wear hats?
I like the idea of wearing a hat, and I wish it was something we all did today, but I don't actually wear hats - I feel it would attract too much attention.
8. Do you have a favourite fictional character who has the same name as you?
9. What is one of the ugliest dresses you've ever seen in a period drama?
That must be this one:
It's not that the dress in itself is ugly, it is just too much pink and frill at one place.
10. What is the most-worn colour in your wardrobe?
Black - not that I like the colour very much, but it's practical and goes with everything colourful.
11. What are your sentiments on the subject of tea?
Tea is a luxury I would find it hard to live without. I especially love peppermint, chamomile, green tea and all kinds of mixed herbs tea.
12. Do historical inaccuracies bother you?
That depends...if it is a minor inaccuracy I probably won't mind. But faults in social manners and etiquette - especially in the Regency period, will be mercilessly pointed out, and will annoy me immensely.
13. What are some of your favourite eras of men's fashions?
I don't have any definite preferences, but I like everything older than the 50's, in particular the 19th century.
14. Have you ever read any books on historical fashion?
Maybe for a school assignment long ago. But I have read several websites on the topic.
15. If you could pick just three fictional characters to have over for tea, who would you invite?
I would invite Anne Shirley, Elizabeth Bennet and Jo March.
The conversation would be anything but boring.