At the moment I have more free time than I've had for a while which means more time for planning all kinds of projects:)
It also means more time for writing! And as it's been forever since I did a random post, I thought I would share with you some of the things that have me excited at the moment.
(Bear in mind that I am very easily excited)
- Last month I worked my kitchen job full time, so I used up my favourite cake recipes very quickly and thus had to learn some new ones. And I've learned to bake the world's easiest and fastest fruit pie!! And it's also delicious. I also learned to bake cinnamon bread, and it looked and tasted just like the ones you buy at the baker!! Never have I been more proud of myself:)
|No that's not the one I baked, but it looked kinda the same|
- There's a new BBC series about the young Queen Victoria!! And it's starring Jemma Coleman! Even better, it's currently airing in England so I'm really counting on it airing in Denmark very soon.
|All the picure's realeased look so pretty!|
- I have finally started on my first sewing project! It's going to be a full apron made from some fabric I got very cheap. And whoa, there's a lot of work involved! I couldn't even imagine how much time it took merely to make the hems. And even though the hems are very uneven, I'm still proud of the fact that I made them all by myself, and I know I'm gonna look gorgeous in it when it's finished!
- I'm hosting a celebration of classic Hollywood movies! (You probably knew about this one already) I've been thinking about doing it for months, and now it's finally happening! I've already watched 2 of the 3 movies I'm gonna review and I'm really looking forward to learn about new movies to watch from you guys:)
- I'm going to the theater tonight to watch Swan Lake!!!! I'm an ardent lover of ballet - especially those by Tchaikovsky, and this is the only one of his ballets that I haven't watched yet. I've wanted to watch it for years, and tonight it's finally happening!! I don't even know what to do with all this excitement!
- The past few weeks I've tried to keep my apartement tidy and clean, by pretending to be a 50's housewife, and it's working like a charm! Who says just because you're an adult you can't dress up and play pretend? If I can make chores feel like a game, I think I'm the winner here:)
- To stay in the 50's, next phase in my "vintage living" project is my kitchen. I've already got me an old fashioned kettle, and I'm contemplating painting all my kitchen cabinets mint green for a more 50's look.
|This picture is my inspiration|
- My piano lessons are starting up again next week, which means deciding which new pieces to learn:)
This is the piece I'm going to play
- I'm going to Copenhagen Comic Con this weekend (first time ever that it's held in Denmark), and I'm going to cosplay as the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who and as Peggy Carter from Agent Carter (lucky that the Con spands over 2 days). It's my first time ever cosplaying and I'm very excited to go there and meet other enthusiastic people like me:)
I think that pretty much covered what's been happening in my life at the moment.
What are some things you are excited about right now?