Tuesday 26 April 2016

The Poetry Tag

Hamlette is hosting a Poetry Celebration Month these days so if you like poetry as I do, be sure to visit her blog for many delightful posts on the subject.

I know I am embarrassingly late in joining the festivities, but I shall try to make up for it this coming week.

                               

She has created a lovely poetry tag and here are my answers:

What are some poems you like?

The Lady Of Shalott by Tennyson
The Golden Horns by Adam Oehlenschlager

And many others that I can't remember right now...


What are some poems you dislike?

I don't recall really disliking a poem. But I don't enjoy them as much if I have serious trouble understanding the language.


Are there any poets whose work you especially enjoy?  If so, who are they?


Yes, there definitely are. But I shall not reveal it here as I am writing a post wholly dedicated to my favourite poets.


Do you write poetry?

I wrote a lot of poetry when I was younger, but lately the inspiration has kind of disappeared.


Have you ever memorized a poem?

I have memorised many passages from poems, but I can't recall a single poem I can recite in its entirety.


Do you prefer poetry that rhymes and had a strict meter, or free verse?  Or do you like both?

I have a certain weakness for poems that rhyme and I like it if they have some kind of rhythm to them. That being said, all my own poems were free verse without a single rhyme so I think that kind of poems are beautiful too.


Do you have any particular poetry movements you're fond of?  (Beat poets, Romanticism, Fireside poets, etc?

I really like the Romanticism and the Expressionism

2 comments:

  1. So glad you joined in, Rose! I'm looking forward to seeing what you post later on this week. I was going to do a whole post on my favorite poets too, but ran out of time, alas.

    "The Lady of Shalott" is lovely! Though I can never read it without thinking of Anne of Green Gables :-) Not a bad connotation at all, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AOGG is a great connotation indeed! That's actually how I first discovered that poem in the first place:)

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...