Tuesday 18 February 2014

Back to the classics challenge 2014




I just stumbled upon this wonderful reading challenge.
You have to choose classic books to read in 5 different categories, and write reviews of them - and what do I mostly do at this blog anyway? You named it.

Also I have this long lists of big classics that I really want to read (or that my friends tell me I have to read if I call myself a lover of classics), so now instead of just saying I will read them someday I put up a deadline.

But no pressure - 2014 is still young.

If you want to participate in the challenge you can still sign up until February 28. at this blog.


My list:

  1.  A 20th Century Classic   - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
  2. A 19th Century Classic   - Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens  
  3. A Classic by a Woman Author - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
  4. A Classic in Translation -Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
  5. A Classic About War  - War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  6. A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You - Vanity Fair by William Makepiece Thackeray
Optional Categories:
  1. An American Classic - Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell
  2. A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller - The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
  3. A Historical Fiction Classic
  4. A Classic That's Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series.  
  5. Extra Fun Category:  Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...