I've been nominated to the Sunflower Blogger Award...twice. Once by Anna S at A Cowgirl and a Dream and once by Heidi at Along the Brandywine.
Thanks a lot to both of you.
The rules are: share 11 facts about yourself and answer the questions made by the blogger who nominated you.
So without further ado...
11 facts about me
1. My favourite season is spring
2. I am currently rereading Northanger Abbey for I don't even know which time
3. For the last 3 months I have been learning to play Andante Favori by Beethoven (the one played by Georgiana in P&P 1995)
4. Berlin is my favourite city of all times
5. This year I have managed to keep an orchid alive and make it bloom again, which I am very proud of, for I normally always end up killing every plant I have.
6. I am fascinated by anything old fashioned, be it clothing, music or furniture
7. I have a driver's license but hate to drive, and don't see the need to, when I could quite as easily walk
8. I love Disney movies - my favourites are Tangled and Frozen
9. I have a very wide taste in music (and no, it's not an exaggeration - ask anyone)
10. My ideal Saturday night consists of cozying up under blankets and watching a movie.
11. I like listening to, and singing musical tunes when I'm at home
Here are the answers to Anna's questions:
Dolphin or horse.
Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Fruits or vegetables?
That's a tough one... I love fruit, especially in summer when they are fresh. But I eat more vegetables in general, so that is what I choose.
Books or movies?
Books! Definitely books!!!
Favourite Barricade Boy?
Is it a too obvious choice to say Enjolras?
Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Mamma Mia, My Fair Lady, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - and that's just my absolute favourites..
Taylor Swift - and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Favourite TV show?
Doctor Who. It is just the most brilliant thing ever made.
Sweet or Sour?
If you were to go back in time would you go to the 19th or 20th century?
The 19th. I have always wanted to see that time period for myself.
Meet one literary person, who would it be?
Again, a tough one...probably Anne Shirley from Anne of green Gables.
That is the end of part one.
Here are the questions from Heidi.
Do you have a favourite fairytale? If so: what is it and why?
That must be "The Wild Swans" by Hans Christian Andersen. I'm not sure why, but I have always felt that story was special. I think what appeals to me, is that Elisa loves her brothers so much that she is willing to make so many sacrifices to save them.
What are your thoughts on coffee? Tea?
Tea - a great liquid available in so many variants. I usually drink a pot a day and would find it hard to survive without it.
Coffee - something I have recently learnt to drink. A fine substitute if there isn't tea available.
Is there a good movie you’ve watched multiple times in the past year?
At first when I saw it in the cinema I didn't think I would want to see it again, but after falling into the fandom I started a countdown to the DVD release, bought it as fast as possible, and have now lost count of how many times I have watched it.
What was/is your favourite children’s picture book?
I have a hard time remembering, but it was probably a book with Lady and the Tramp, for I loved anything to do with that when I was little.
If you were given the opportunity, would you rather travel to Hawaii or Australia? Why?
Hawaii...it is filled with amazing nature and history but still only a walk from the beach. Could it be any better?
(and you don't need any vaccinations to go to Hawaii)
What is a particular, specific way God has blessed you in the last week?
Well, beside the spring weather in general...I was walking in the city today when my companion suddenly made me aware of a big very beautiful flowering tree. I wouldn't even have noticed it if she hadn't pointed it out, and it really made me think about how much beauty we are surrounded by, and that it is something we must never forget to appreciate.
Well, that was it....hope you liked the answers.