Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Awesome Food Award

I was recently tagged by Miss March to do The Awesome Food Award, and for once I actually managed to fill it out before an embarrassing amount of time had passed. Thank you very much Miss March for helping me prove to myself that I can do things without procrastinating once in a while.




The Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link back to their blog. 
2. Answer the 10 questions provided.
3. Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4. Nominate at least 5 people.
5. Let those people know they've been nominated.

The Questions:

1. Which do you prefer, salad or bread?
A hard choice...I think I'll choose salad, not because that's what I eat the most but it's the one I couldn't live without.

Nothing beats a really good Greek salad 
                

2. As a child, were you a picky eater or did you like to try new things?
I didn't see myself as picky as I liked most things. The things I didn't like, however, were basic things there were in every meal, such as onions. (My parents always joked that I should be a surgeon with the skills I showed in picking every bit of onion out of my food before eating it)


3. What was one meal you abhorred as a kid?
Lasagna. Yes, I know, it's an ultimate children favourite and all. But I once got sick after eating it and that convinced me I must be allergic! to lasagna, so the next 8 years or so I never even dared get close to it. Today I love it:)

                                


4. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
Baking, definitely baking. I love to bake: cakes, pies, cookies, bread. The only thing holding me back is thinking of who shall eat it all. That's why I love my job (I work in a kitchen); I get paid to do my hobby, and they are always happy to get home made cakes.

                         


5. Are you the sort of person who always has your meals planned out, or do you tend to toss things together at the last minute?  (Or if you don't have your own home yet, how do you imagine you would be?)
I do next to no planning in advance. My biggest fear when moving out was how to make varied meals (and cooking in general) and at first I really tried planning and making big portions, but now I am one of those who don't start to think about what to make before I get hungry. That again means I often end up eating some pretty weird combinations. (who said a can of mackerel with lots of mayo followed by a box of ice cream doesn't constitute a meal?)  


6. What is one of the worst (or most hilarious) food-making blunders you've ever made?
Well, there was the one time I baked a banana cake, and when it was almost done baking I realised I had forgotten to put the bananas in!! 
The cake luckily wasn't ruined, just transformed into a sponge cake, but I think that is my funniest food-gone-wrong story. 


7.  Would you rather have steak or ice cream (or both together, like Pollyanna)?
Ice cream, always ice cream!!

                               

8. What is your favorite kind of cake?
That is an impossible question to answer! Cakes are my life, how can I choose between them? I do love cheese cake though, and apple pie and brownies and cinnamon cake and banana cake and a traditional layered cake...and the list will keep growing as I think about more cakes. 

                         

9. Do you eat combinations of food that other people think strange? 
My mother think it a little strange that I always put jam on top of my peanut butter...I like to see it as an open peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  

10. What is your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast. I usually take a lot of time eating it, and nothing beats making big breakfast in the weekend.

                      

Now is the time that I ought to nominate new people, but as I honestly don't remember which of my blogging friends have already done this tag I will leave it open. Have you not yet done The Awesome Food Award? Well, consider yourself tagged! (If you don't want to do an entire post you can also simply answer the questions in a comment. Everything counts.)

And the new questions:

1. What is your favourite dessert?
2. Do you enjoy cooking?
3. What is your favourite type of bread?
4. Do have a favourite recipe to make yourself?
5. Do you and your family cook together?
6. When cooking do you need to follow a recipe, or do you like to "feel your way"?
7. Do you prefer to bake cake or bread?
8. What is your favourite type of food when eating out?
9. What are your thoughts on bacon?
10. Do you have a favourite food memory? (Or a favourite memory involving food)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You're welcome, Rose! I have trouble with procrastination, too. :) But I'm so glad you found the time to do this, because I REALLY enjoyed reading your answers. And the pictures you included! My but they're delicious!

    2. Okay, this one made me laugh! Picking the onions out of your food?! Haha! I have a brother who does that, and it really is amazing how he manages it. ;)

    3. LASAGNA! Rose! You could have fit right into our family! That was one of the most dreaded meals ever among me and my siblings. Seeing our mother making it was always certain to depress our spirits. :) It's really funny, though, because now it's one of my absolute favorites! Haha!

    4. Wow, that's awesome that you get paid to do your hobby! :) Do you do mostly baking at your job, or cooking as well?

    5. Haha! I have a feeling I might be like that, too, if I lived on my own. It just doesn't seem worth it to plan out a whole meal for only one person.

    6. A banana cake without the bananas. Haha! That's great. I like that. ;)

    Thank you for doing this, Rose. I enjoyed it very much indeed! :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it, Miss March! It was so much fun to fill out.
      3. You didn't like lasagna either?? I always thought I was the only child who felt that way.

      4. Yes, it is amazing! Luckily it's mostly baking and arranging food, for I really don't cook that well (yes i see the irony in working in a kitchen and being bad at cooking)

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...