Friday 4 December 2015

The Lucy Maud Montgomery Tag

This week Eva has a lot of L. M. Montgomery themed posts on her blog. One of the first was a L. M. Montgomery themed tag so how could I ever resist filling it out?

Here are my answers 

How did you first discover LMM’s books?

A friend of the family gave me Anne of Green Gables when I was 14, and I've been hooked ever since.
                                            

What’s your favorite LMM book? 

That's a really hard question! I think Anne Of The Island. I really love all the adventures she has with all her friends while at university. Also this is the book she realises what everyone else have known since book one; that she and Gilbert belongs together.


What’s your least favorite LMM book?

Emily's quest. I just found the plot a bit messy and there were way too many strange occurrences.


Who is your favorite character in allllll of LMM’s works?

Do you even know what you are asking of me? How can I choose? I'll go with the obvious choice and say Anne Shirley.

                         

What couple is your favorite?

Definitely Anne and Gilbert.

                         

What is your favorite quote from LMM (either a quote from one of her books, or from her personal life)?

There are so many to choose from... but this passage from Anne Of Avonlea has always been a favourite of mine:

“Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps . . . perhaps . . . love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.” 


How many LMM books have you read?

I have read all the Anne books and all the Emily books, so that makes 11.


Which LMM book would you most like to see made into a movie?

Rilla Of Ingleside!! It is such a moving story that would make a great movie. 

                                              

Have you found a kindred spirit?

Yes, I think I have:-)

For much more LMM related goodness, don't forget to pop over at Eva's blog, the party goes on until Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your tag answers, Rose! Thanks for taking the time to do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Anne and Gilbert are a wonderful couple. I especially like them in the movies. When I read the books I didn't think there was a enough of Gilbert. Did you ever notice that?

    Oooh! I like that quote from Anne of Avonlea! That's beautiful. And so true, too--especially in Anne's case. ;) Heehee.

    Thank you for this post, Rose. I really enjoyed reading your answers! :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree:) Anne and Gilbert are the best. I actually never thought about that until you mentioned it. I think Gilbert is less in the books because they are mainly from Anne's POV, so all these years he "didn't exist" it would be only natural to hear next to nothing about him. Does that make sense?

      So glad you liked the quote! When I first read it I had to stop and reread it 2 or 3 times just to properly understand the beauty of it.

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...