Sunday 15 November 2015

5 TV Shows I Follow Avidly

The fall season has been upon us for a while and we all know what that means:

NEW SEASONS OF ALL MY FAVOURITE SERIES!!

A more appropriate title for this post might actually be: TV Shows I am completely obsessed with that make me look forward to certain weekdays, and don't mention the title unless you are prepared to talk lengthily about it!
But I thought that would be a bit long...

Back on track - these are the series I follow with big interest this season.


Doctor Who



I might have mentioned it once or twice before, but Doctor Who is my favourite TV Show EVER! Where else can you find a series that have heartfelt drama, traumatising monsters, uncontrollable laughter, iconic quotable lines, tears, confusion and all that in the span of a single episode (no, I am not even exaggerating).

Why you should watch it: if you like science fiction, London, an alternate take on history, impossible science, characters with surprising depth or just Britishness in general this is definitely a show you will like.

Side effects of watching it may be: An irrational fear of certain everyday items (such as angel statues, shadows and broken clocks), emotional outbursts when someone mentions random words like ponds, roses or bow ties, listening for the TARDIS sound at all times, considering "Aliens" a plausible explanation for everything.

But if you can live with that (and I can), you should definitely watch it - life will never be the same again.



Once Upon A Time

                             

 I have always loved the adventure genre, especially when inspired from fairy tales, and this show certainly embodies all that. It's so well thought through and has so many twists that you will never be bored. To say that the premise is fairy tales with a twist would be quite an understatement.
Let's just say that you will never look at your favourite fairy tales the same way again.

Side effects may include:  not trusting that the original fairy tales tells the full story, being overly attached to the villains of the stories.

So if you like fairy tales, daring sword fights, complex characters and a world where everyone is related, you should definitely watch it.


Sherlock

                           

If you like the Sherlock Holmes stories you will love this show. The visuals are great, the plots are cleverly adapted to today's world while still keeping the spirit of the old stories, and don't get me started on the brilliantness of the actors. Once I rewatched the series just to enjoy every minute of the acting.

The only downside I can think of is the long wait between seasons, but with only a little more than a month left until the Christmas special, my enthusiasm can't be curbed.

Side effects may include: trying to deduce things from strangers (and failing miserably), hiatus induced craziness (don't worry though, most of the fandom has it).



Agents Of Shield

                         

You might as well know: I'm a big Marvel fangirl! So of course I would love a TV-show made by Marvel, filled with references to the Marvel universe that ties in with the Marvel movies.
As I don't really know anything about the comics every twist and turn this series take is a surprise to me, and it has changed so much since the beginning. The suspense, the plot twists and the moments that leaves you speechless are, however, the same.

If you like Marvel, superheroes or an action packed series filled with suspense you will also like this series.


Agent Carter

                                     

Another Marvel show - it probably doesn't come as a surprise that I love this show too. But that is not the main reason for my love of it. The reason I adore this show is that it's set in the 40's!! It's so rare to find movies/TV-shows set in this time period that does not revolve around WW2. But here it is! Filled with gorgeous 1940's fashion, brightly coloured diners and one of my favourite female heroines: Peggy Carter. I could keep talking about this show for hours, but it won't suffice.

All I can say is: watch it! If not for the suspenseful plot, then just for the dresses, the setting and the many one-liners.


So, that was a few of my favourite TV-shows.

What are some of your favourite shows?

4 comments:

  1. Once and Sherlock for the win!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen any of these. Thank you for the pro tips ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose! I tagged you over at my blog, if you're interested.
    http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-awesome-food-award.html
    No pressure, though. :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only watched one or two Doctor Who episodes... And didn't really like it, but I want to give it another shot.

    Once Upon a Time. Yes!!!!??!!!

    Sherlock!!!! Yes again! I love the side effects you mentioned.... They are so true... Hiatus induced weirdness.. So True! The Sherlockians are the weirdest. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...