If you, like I, are a fan of The Little House-book series, you should immediately pop over to Ashley's blog, for this week she is hosting a Little House blog party.
This far there have been many splendid posts and I am sure there will be many more before the end.
She also made a tag. These are my answers:
1. How did you discover Little House?
My parents bought me the first book when i was 5 or 6, and then my dad read it out loud to me. That continued with the next books until I could read well enough myself and then I continued on my own.
2. Which Little House series have you read? Which are you favorite? (Laura, Martha, Rose, etc.)
I have read the Laura and the Rose books.
I prefer the Laura books, partly because they are the "originals" and partly because I like Laura's character better.
3. Have you read any "extra" Little House books? (non "canon", cookbooks, song books, craft books, little kid books, etc.)
I read "On The Way Home", the diary Laura wrote in their journey to Missouri.
I didn't know how many other books were written in this category until recently.
4. Have you read any biographies/autobiographies about Laura or any of the Little House girls?
No. (If Wikipedia articles count then, yes)
5. If you could be in any character's place, who would you choose and why?
So hard to choose.... Probably Laura or Mary Powers. I would love to experience life in De Smet.
6. What's your favorite Little House ship? (AKA couple)
Laura and Almanzo!! They are so cute together and their whole courtship is just a delight to read about.
7. What's your favorite Little House book? Cover?
That's a tie between Little Town On The Prairie and These Happy Golden Years. I just love the description of life in De Smet and Laura's teenage years. And those are the books with most Laura and Almanzo moments:)
My favourite cover has shifted during the years. At first it was By The Shores Of Silver Lake (mainly because of the horse).
Today it's Little Town On The Prairie, it's such a sweet picture and we get a depiction of all 4 sisters.
8. If you could invite any secondary character from any of the Little House books over for dinner, who would you choose and why?
Why only invite one? Let's make a dinner party consisting of the entire De Smet youth!!
I'm only allowed one? Okay..what about Uncle Tom? He would have a lot of exciting stories to tell.
9. Have you watched the Little House TV show? If so, do you enjoy it?
Yes. My mom in particular enjoys that TV show so I've seen almost all the early episodes (and a few of the later ones). I think it's a sweet and enjoyable series as long as you don't expect them to follow the books.
10. If you could watch a YouTube miniseries on any Little House book or series, which would you choose and how would the basic plot go?
That is quite hard to decide!
I think By The Shores Of Silver Lake would be very adaptable.
It would basically being about Laura moving away because her father had got a new job, and she sends videos to her friends back in Minnesota about the new places she see and eventually about the new town. It could actually continue for the rest of the books. There's plenty of plot there.
Now, after stepping back into the world of Laura, I feel no desire to leave it again. Maybe a reread of The Little House series should be my next project?