Tuesday 26 August 2014

A game: "Who said it?"

What better way to start a party than with a game?

So here it is...

The rules are simple: guess which Jane Austen book the quotes are from, and what character said it.
You get 10 points for each correct answer.

1. “A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”

2. “The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”

3. “It is always incomprehensible to a man, that a woman should ever refuse an offer of  marriage!”

4. “If this man had not twelve thousand a year, he would be a very stupid fellow.”

5. “Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It is something to think of and gives her a sort of distinction among her companions.”
 

6. “Now I must give one smirk, and then we may be rational again.”


7. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.”


8. “What are men to rocks and mountains?”


9. “I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men.”

10. “Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch.”

11. “Men of sense, whatever you may choose to say, do not want silly wives.”


12. “The person, be it gentlemen or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”

13. “It is not everyone, who has your passion for dead leaves.”


Just leave your answers in a comment and I will return with the answers and scores this Sunday.


2 comments:

  1. Let me play!!!
    1. Mr Darcy/ Pride and Prejudice
    2. Elizabeth Bennet/ P&P
    3. Emma /Emma?
    4. ? Maybe Mr Knightley/ Emma?
    5. Mr Bennet/ P&P
    6. Ah, Henry Tilney / Northanger Abbey
    7. Could it be Captain Wentword in Persuasion?
    8. Mary Bennet/ P&P
    9. Fanny in Mansfield Park?
    10. No idea!
    11. Don't know, but it sounds familiar. It's not Mr Bennet in P&P, is it?
    12. Caroline Bingley/ P&P
    13. Elinor Dashwood/ Sense and Sensibility
    Thanks, this was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice
    2 – Marianne in S&S
    3 – Emma in Emma
    4 – Mansfield Park?
    5 - Mr. Bennet in P&P
    6 – Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey
    7 – Captain Wentworth in Persuasion
    8 – Elizabeth in P&P
    9 – Captain Harville in Persuasion
    10 – Miss Crawford in Mansfield Park
    11 – Mr. Knightley in Emma
    12 – Ummmm… Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey?
    13 – Elinor in S&S

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...