Sunday 31 August 2014

Answers to the Games


The answers for the "Who said it?"-game

1. “A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice

2. “The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”
 Marianne Dashwood in Sense & Sensibility

3. “It is always incomprehensible to a man, that a woman should ever refuse an offer of  marriage!”
Emma Woodhouse in Emma

4. “If this man had not twelve thousand a year, he would be a very stupid fellow.”
Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park

5. “Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It is something to think of and gives her a sort of distinction among her companions.”
Mr. Bennet in Pride & Prejudice
 

6. “Now I must give one smirk, and then we may be rational again.”
Mr. Tilney in Northanger Abbey



7. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.”
Captain Wenthworth in Persuasion



8. “What are men to rocks and mountains?”
Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice



9. “I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men.”
Captain Harville in Persuasion


10. “Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch.”
Mary Crawford in Mansfield Park


11. “Men of sense, whatever you may choose to say, do not want silly wives.”
Mr. Knightley in Emma



12. “The person, be it gentlemen or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
Mr. Tilney in Northanger Abbey

13. “It is not everyone, who has your passion for dead leaves.”
Ellinor Dashwood in Sense & Sensibility


That's the answers... the scores are:

Heidi........250 points
Naomi......120 points




And here are the answers to the "Guess the supporting character"-game:


1.


Jane Fairfax from Emma (2009)


2.

Mrs. Allen from Northanger Abbey (2007)


 3.

Georgiana Darcy from Pride & Prejudice (1995)


 4.

Mary Crawford from Mansfield Park (2007)


5.

Isabella Thorpe from Northanger Abbey (2007)


6.

Maria Lucas from Pride & Prejudice (1995)


7.

Lucy Steele from Sense & Sensibility (1995)


8.

Harriet Smith from Emma (2009)


9.

Elizabeth Elliot from Persuasion (2007)


10.

Mrs. Dashwood from Sense & Sensibility (1995)


And the scores are:

Naomi....160 points
Heidi......140 points

Thanks for playing Naomi and Heidi. I hope you had fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...