Saturday 23 August 2014

A Summer Update

You may have noticed I have been absent from my blog for a while. (And then again - you may not. My posting has been a bit sporadic lately)

This time I had a good reason - I finally had my long awaited and thoroughly deserved summer vacation.

2 weeks away from everything, and when the weather changed from really hot to normal and windy I ended up spending this vacation reading.

I managed to read most of the Divergent trilogy, The Princess Bride and a couple of Agatha Christie mysteries, and I've gotta say up until now I didn't think there was such a thing as reading too much but after this vacation I think I found the limit.



One good thing about it being windy was it made cloud watching really fun, I completely burned out my camera's batteries just taking pictures of clouds. (This one is my favourite) 



Our local beach is part of a heath area where cows and horses walk free in the summer, so it is not unusual to have to share your beach spot with a few of them.

 
 

When I finally tired of reading I turned to my other favourite vacation pursuit: jigsaws. When I had solved all the ones we had, we went to the local charity store for a new batch so I wont run out for a while.



Our dog enjoyed all the extra space and every time there was the slightest ray of sun you could find her sprawled on the lawn.
  
"My house" aka my bedroom



That was a bit of what I have been doing lately.

Before I finish remember the Jane Austen Week starts this Monday so don't forget to drop by to check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...